[omaha] Plugin Framework/Architecture

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Jan 23 06:58:10 CET 2008

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T wrote:
> On 1/22/08, Jeff Rush <jeff at taupro.com> wrote:
>>
>>    It is also the method used by zc.buildout, a great
>>    tool for managing development/deployment for repeatability.
>
> Are you going to be speaking about zc.buildout quite a bit at the
> Tutorial?  If so, I might need to update my registration<g>

I'm planning on doing 1/3 on distutils, 1/3 on setuptools/eggs, and 1/3 on
zc.buildout, leveraging each section from the previous and showing how they
relate.  40 minutes of talk plus 20 minutes of hands-on exercises for each
phase.  That's the allotment plan anyway - we'll see once I begin timing it.
In that time we're not going to get into the more obscure options or very
advanced usage.

-Jeff