[omaha] CouchDB

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Jul 8 06:24:26 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jul 7, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <jeffh at dundeemt.com> wrote:
> If couchdb works the way I think/hope/expect it will, this type of
> project will become trivial.

Did you feel constrained by the lack of a relational model? This part
seems the most mysterious to me because of my ingrained concept of
rdbms.

> On a completely different tack, anyone out there use svk?  We use
> subversion internally but recently I've come to the conclusion that
> some of our projects would be well served with some distributed vcs
> capabilities.

There's a nice plugin for bzr that lets you use it as a front end for
subversion. Definitely worth investigation. I've switched to using bzr
for most of my work and I find using subversion alone very
frustrating. It seems so archaic for commits to require a connection
to the server.

http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrForeignBranches/Subversion

--
Matthew Nuzum