[omaha] CouchDB

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Jul 8 15:53:49 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <jeffh at dundeemt.com> wrote:
>> There's a nice plugin for bzr that lets you use it as a front end for
>> subversion. Definitely worth investigation. I've switched to using bzr
>> for most of my work and I find using subversion alone very
>> frustrating. It seems so archaic for commits to require a connection
>> to the server.
>>
>> http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrForeignBranches/Subversion

> Have you used Bzr + svn with this plugin?  How different did you find
> the commands?
> Ok, now that was a dumb question after I googled and discovered your
> connection with Canonical.

I used bzr + svn a while back but I don't know if it was this plugin
or an older one. I've since deleted it. Basically you just use the
normal bzr interface.

I didn't want to mention the Canonical connection because I felt it
would cheapen my endorsement of bzr (if you felt I used it because I
had to). It really is a great product. I've not used other dvcs tools
except when I copy and pasted commands from some open source website
in order to get their code. So I've used git and hg very briefly. As
far as I can tell they work about the same. I can't say which is
better but the fact that bzr has a cool logo (which I made from a
picture of an Iowa highway sign :-) should definitely sway your
opinion. ;-) The biggest change is going from a centralized vcs to
dvcs.

> Too bad Des Moines is 2 hours away, makes coming to meetings a non-starter.<g>

I will work on getting out there. The 2 hours isn't the biggest
barrier, it's more the combination of family and other commitments.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode