[omaha] Pygame newb

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Jun 23 16:04:38 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:06 AM, Jay Hannah <jay at jays.net> wrote:
> Has anyone played with Pygame?

It's very cool. I used it recently to create a UI for an arduino
project I did. Also I'm going to use it to teach a summer class to a
few local (Des Moines) high schoolers that want to learn to program.

It makes the simple things remarkably simple and is pretty intuitive.

> I tried to try in out this morning, but I can't get pygame and its
> dependencies installed on my Mac OS X 10.4. (Several install methods
> attempted and failed.)

I don't know how dependencies are handled in Mac OS X. Maybe tell what
kind of error messages you get and someone will know how to help. I've
heard recently fink causes problem with Python modules and should be
avoided (saw this on the python-imaging mailing list). Could that
apply here?

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode