[omaha] Call for Talks

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Sat Feb 7 05:30:42 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 2009 at 9:38 PM, Sean Edwards <cybersean3000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hmmm . . . I taught myself BASIC in 1980, took BASIC and Pascal in high school, I did Pascal and FORTRAN in college.  I have been doing BASH for about 10 years.
>
> In addition to being a Sys Admin, I have been a WebLogic admin since 2002.  About a year ago, I was exposed to the WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST) which is Jython.  Using the WLST, I have written scripts to do WebLogic deployments and to provide WebLogic stats. Early on with WLST, I discovered the Try / Except blocks to roll back from failed deployments.

Well if you got Jython under your belt,  you've been exposed to Python
2.2.1?  Jython, If I recall, just released a beta for 2.5.2 which is
outstanding.  It was kind of behind the curve with the cpython
implementation, but has been catching up with it quickly.  (For those
lurking in the crowd, Python is a language standard.  There are
implementations in C, Java and other languages.  cpython is the c
implementation of the language and the one that most have heard about.
Jython is the Java implementation of Python.)   Have you ever played
with Try/Except/Else/Finally?