[omaha] Possible New meeting location -- Input needed.

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Thu Jan 15 01:23:47 CET 2009

Thanks to Charles' efforts, we have the possibility of meeting at the
Fox & Hound.  They have a private room(s) the smaller of which would
hold 40.

Pro:
------
  * Nice location and private room
  * Food and Drink

Con:
------
  * No internet
  * Requires moving the meeting date from Wednesday to Monday.

Mitigating Factors:
------------------------
  * I can make an EVDO card and router available for connectivity
  * We have access to a projector
  * Our meetings tended to be bigger when meeting at Clancy's despite
being a lousy environment to talk/present.
  * If we change the meeting night, we could move it to the second
Monday of the month so we wouldn't be back to back with OLUG

Unkowns:
-------------
  * I have never been in Fox and Hound (F&H) so I am planning on going
to check it out this week or next.  When I arrange to meet the
management would anyone like to join me -- and have a mini SIG-BEER
afterwards while writing up a group report?<g>

So I would like to know, in general, do your favor the notion of
moving the meeting location to somewhere food and drink is available?
Please respond back to the list in the next day or so, so we can take
your opinions under consideration.

Regards,

Jeff

--