[omaha] Possible New meeting location -- Input needed.

Chad Homan choman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 01:35:12 CET 2009

I have no problem with the move.  I also can join in meeting the management
help out with the SIG-BEER ;)  lmk when.

I have mixed feelings on the second monday.  I don't think it matters too
much if it's back-to-back with OLUG.  I still made both meetings when we
were back-to-back tues/wed.  But either way, just my 2 cents.

The lack of internet sucks, the EVDO setup is a nice alternative.  Perhaps
they
will consider getting wireless.

again my 2 cents.  lmk when the management meet is

On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T <jeffh at dundeemt.com>wrote:

> Thanks to Charles' efforts, we have the possibility of meeting at the
> Fox & Hound.  They have a private room(s) the smaller of which would
> hold 40.
>
> Pro:
> ------
>  * Nice location and private room
>  * Food and Drink
>
> Con:
> ------
>  * No internet
>  * Requires moving the meeting date from Wednesday to Monday.
>
> Mitigating Factors:
> ------------------------
>  * I can make an EVDO card and router available for connectivity
>  * We have access to a projector
>  * Our meetings tended to be bigger when meeting at Clancy's despite
> being a lousy environment to talk/present.
>  * If we change the meeting night, we could move it to the second
> Monday of the month so we wouldn't be back to back with OLUG
>
> Unkowns:
> -------------
>  * I have never been in Fox and Hound (F&H) so I am planning on going
> to check it out this week or next.  When I arrange to meet the
> management would anyone like to join me -- and have a mini SIG-BEER
> afterwards while writing up a group report?<g>
>

> So I would like to know, in general, do your favor the notion of
> moving the meeting location to somewhere food and drink is available?
> Please respond back to the list in the next day or so, so we can take
> your opinions under consideration.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jeff
>

> --