[omaha] Database Module Recommendations for Python

Jeff Hinrichs JeffH at delasco.com
Tue Jul 21 21:09:16 CEST 2009

It depends on the database, but while I used to use pyODBC,
http://code.google.com/p/pyodbc/  -- however, being a lazy guy I became
annoyed with differences between platforms and so I've moved off a
couple years ago and started using db specific connectors such as
pymssql - http://pymssql.sourceforge.net/
MySQLdb - http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python/files/
etc.

For the most part, I am happier this way. ;)

What flavor(s) of database are you looking to access?

Regards,

Jeff