[omaha] web frameworks

Steve Young sy at foreignlanguageflashcards.com
Mon Nov 2 20:24:17 CET 2009

(third try, sorry for the blank posts)

Is anyone aware of a good document/book that would help me get started
with building web apps?  I have been reading a lot about the different
frameworks, but mostly getting info from the developer's sites, which
all think that theirs is the way to go for one reason or another.

Since my programming skills are not that developed, I was leaning
towards an "uber meta framework" at least in the beginning to help me
with some of the basics but essentials, like user authentication, db
handling, http stuff.  But I will take a closer look at cherryPy since
Jeff keeps evangelizing for it.

(btw, I had to research the 'dead tree' term, hadn't heard that before)