[omaha] Meeting this Monday

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Tue Nov 22 15:34:42 CET 2011

I've posted my topic notes up to the group's site,
http://www.omahapython.org -- nothing spectacular, I just walked the group
through importing the webdriver, navigating to a page, finding elements,
send_keys and submit.  Then I walked them through the error messages for
elementnotfound.

There is only so much time and attention but this topic is just waiting for
more presentations.  I didn't cover using integration with unit testing (I
am a nose fan.) Or more advanced topics like converting tests from a
selenium1-rc with it's directives like, assertElementPresent  to
re-implementing them with webdriver and python.  Although, we did cover
enough in the meeting that the solution should be easily discoverable.

Maybe you can make an upcoming meeting, it is a very good thing when we
have more than 1 person who has used a tool/project/library in production.
 The conversations can easily redirect themselves into unexpected and
productive places.  Currently, our biggest meeting short coming is not have
a projector to make it easier for people to see code, so we gravitate
towards "follow me" type presentations where the presenter leads everyone
else through the presentation with each person having an interpreter open
typing the commands and experiencing the knowledge first hand.  It's a
trade-off, I kind of like the follow me style but it does require everyone
to have access to a laptop, etc or people ready to share with those who
didn't bring one and you need to keep the demonstrations short and easy to
type.

If you have specific questions about webdriver maybe we should start
another thread on it.  I'd be happy to answer with what I know, have done
and also where I think I need more knowledge/info.

Best,

Jeff

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs