[omaha] Government data hackathon in April

Matt Wynn matt.wynn at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:22:18 CET 2012

Hey folks,

Wanted to tell you all about an upcoming event we at the World-Herald are
putting on. It's not Python per se, but any web developers might find it
intriguing.

Hack Omaha (www.hackomaha.com) will be held April 13-15, and it's a
competition to build something -- a website, an app, whatever -- out of
government data. I envision it being sort of like StartUp Weekend. Only
instead of a business at the end, you wind up with a news application (
http://blog.apps.chicagotribune.com/ , not  http://www.usatoday.com/ipad/).

Hope this doesn't come off as an ad. While it does cost $10 to reserve a
spot, that's to ensure only the most interested get their foot in the door.
We'll be feeding and caffeinating all weekend, and three winning teams will
walk away with anywhere from $250 to $1000.

Hope to see some of ya'll there. If you have any questions, or other ways I
should try to promote, let me know. Thanks!

-Matt