[omaha] call for more CoderDojo mentors

Stefanie Ramsey sramsey at aimforbrilliance.org
Thu Dec 12 16:41:15 CET 2013

Good morning,

We've had an excellent response from individuals in the coding and overall
technology community who are interested in serving as mentors for our
upcoming CoderDojo sessions!  I'd like to get about 10-12 more who are
interested in volunteering.   CoderDojos are open learning environments in
which kids learn how to code at their own pace and with their own
creativity, with the guidance of experts in the field (mentors).
 CoderDojos occur  all over the world, and we are excited to offer this in
our area!

We will be offering our CoderDojo sessions in Council Bluffs (Scratch for
kids age 8-12) and in Omaha (programming language(s) TBD for kids 13-17)
during 90 minute Saturday sessions in February and March.  We will also
offer a couple more sessions for 8-12 year old kids in Omaha in May.
Commitment from mentors is only 2 hours each on a couple of Saturdays
during this pilot period , though we'd love to keep mentors on the list for
future CoderDojo opportunities.

The only rule of the CoderDojo is to "be cool" -- and in this case, being
"cool" means having a passion for technology and being willing to work with
youth in an informal, non-classroom like setting.

If you're interested, please fill out this volunteer
application<http://careerlink.com/job/view/9905/31480>or simply send
me your name and email address.  Please share with your
network of other area coders.

Thanks!

Stefanie
--
Stefanie Ramsey
AIM --Youth & Community Engagement Manager

sramsey at aimforbrilliance.org
http://aimforbrilliance.org/