[omaha] February meeting 2014

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 23:15:23 CET 2014

On 2/19/14, Steve Young <wereapwhatwesow at gmail.com> wrote:
> BUT to help make it happen - does anyone have topics to share (Wes?) or
> want to talk about?

Unfortunately I can't commit to a talk at this time; though recently I
built a static page with tinkerer (ReStructuredText + Sphinx), hosted
with GitHub Pages that was a really delightful.

I contributed a few patches to the default Sphinx, Tinkerer, and
ReadTheDocs templates to add ARIA roles that should be making there
way out into the wild soon.

* https://github.com/vladris/tinkerer/pull/43
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WAI-ARIA
* http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria/roles

The SlidesJS converter for IPython notebook is pretty cool too:

* http://ipython.org/ipython-doc/dev/interactive/nbconvert.html
* ``ipython nbconvert --to=slides ./notebook_name.ipnyb``

The new widget features in IPython [Notebook] 2.0 are looking really awesome.