[omaha] Meeting tonight / git question

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Thu Jun 19 00:00:37 CEST 2014

an authoritative response on git and tags
http://git.661346.n2.nabble.com/rfd-auto-following-tags-upon-quot-git-push-quot-td6450398.html

in a nutshell, tags are public and you should only share those that have
meaning for others/all.  So tag pushing is an explicit op. Not that I agree
or disagree, just summing up the post.

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Steve Young <wereapwhatwesow at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Reminder for tonight's meeting <http://www.omahapython.org/blog/> (tonight
> is Wednesday, June 18, 2014, 7pm - or for the Trekkies - stardate
> -308537.5570776255).
>
> git question: I am using git locally and bitbucket as my remote. I just
> noticed that my local tags are not pushed to the remote by default (
> http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Basics-Tagging#Sharing-Tags).  Is this by
> design so the remote repo does not get littered with tags that are not
> useful to the larger community?
>
> Steve

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs