[omaha] Django on Azure

Mike Hostetler mike at squarepegsystems.com
Fri May 30 13:21:56 CEST 2014

I honestly didn't know that Azure did Django. But I guess I never asked.

I would put your site in Debug mode, push it again, and see if you get
something different, If not, it's probably the WSGI file.

Then I would try Diagnostics:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg433048.aspx

I've done a few Django sites and I think hardest part is setting up a
Production server for it. Once it's going, it's fine, but there is a maze
of stuff for static content, ports, permissions, etc.

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 5:24 PM, Aj Krell <ajkrell at yahoo.com.dmarc.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi All.
>
> Does anyone have any experience putting a Django app on Azure.  It works
> locally but when I publish I get a 500 error.
>
> I've been beating my head against the wall for the past 6 hours.  I think
> it has something to do with the WSGI file, but I have no clue.
>
> Thanks!
> Andy

Mike Hostetler
SquarePeg Systems