[Overload-sig] Should we import old MM discussions into e.g. Discourse?

Brett Cannon brett at python.org
Thu Jun 23 13:57:55 EDT 2016

So basically python-dev implicitly becoming python-dev-announce while all
actual discussion occurring on Discourse? If that's the case I would be
curious to know how the separation would be as to what should go where. I
can see things like release details being announced (e.g. "we're cutting
3.6.a2 on such-and-such a date"), but otherwise I would think everything
else would involve some form of discussion. And if that's the case then
it's more of a python-releases mailing list where anyone can subscribe but
only RMs can post (and maybe maintainers of other implementations).

And if whatever wins this discussion requires a migration, we can do it in
phases based on things directly tied to Python's development (e.g.
python-dev and SIGs), then consider expanding it (e.g. python-list if
people want to go that far).