[Pandas-dev] Setuptools detection of host cpuinfo and/or header file availablity

yoval p. yoval at gmx.com
Sat Apr 27 01:46:52 CEST 2013

Conventional wisdom says that these days trying to outdo
optimizing compilers is a fool's errand.
Do you have numbers showing that manually coding at the instruction
level can do significantly better then the compiler?

If so, you're probably a modern day
[John_Henry](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_(folklore)), In
which case try not to drop dead at the end of a long and agonizing
python packaging nightmare, as we'd like to see more of your tricks in
pandas in the future.

Yoval