[Pandas-dev] ANN: Pandas 0.14.0 Release Candidate 1

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Sun May 18 05:58:09 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Saturday, May 17, 2014 4:22:00 AM UTC-7, Jeff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to announce the availability of the first release candidate of
> Pandas 0.14.0.
> Please try this RC and report any issues here: Pandas Issues<https://github.com/pydata/pandas/issues>
> We will be releasing officially in about 2 weeks or so.
>
> This is a major release from 0.13.1 and includes a small number of API
> changes, several new features, enhancements, and
> performance improvements along with a large number of bug fixes.

I built some OSX wheels and put them up in this directory:

 https://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/scipy_installers/

I installed the wheel and tested on a bare 10.6 machine via our buildbot:

http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/builders/scipy-stack-2.7.6-wheel-pre/builds/1/steps/shell_16/logs/stdio
http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/builders/scipy-stack-3.3.5-wheel-pre/builds/0/steps/shell_16/logs/stdio
http://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/builders/scipy-stack-3.4.0-wheel-pre/builds/0/steps/shell_16/logs/stdio

Tests were clean apart from this Python 3 bug which Christoph Gohlke
already found and fixed:

https://github.com/pydata/pandas/pull/7148

If anyone has time to test these, I would be grateful:

pip install -U pip
pip install --pre -f https://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/scipy_installers pandas

Cheers,

Matthew