[Pandas-dev] Pandas dev sprint July 5-8 (pre-Scipy Conf)

Joris Van den Bossche jorisvandenbossche at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:24:10 EDT 2018

Dear all,

We are planning to do a pandas sprint just before the Scipy Conference
(which is in Austin, Texas, July 9-13). The sprint would then be from July
5 or 6 to July 8, also in Austin.

We will meet there with some of the core devs, but we also want to invite
other pandas (or related libraries) contributors.
Note: the sprint is not meant to jump-start newcomers to contributing to
open source (for that, there is a sprint at the end of the Scipy).

The exact planning of the sprint still needs to be discussed (will open a
separate thread for that), but topics will probably include: general issue
clean-up, discussing project management, roadmap to pandas 1.0 (what do we
still want to get in / change before that) and evolution of pandas
afterwards, ... and of course actual coding.

*So if you are interested, certainly let something know! *

We probably want to keep it somewhat limited in number, but don't hesitate
to state your interest.
If you would like to participate, but not sure if you would fit at such a
sprint, don't hesitate to mail me personally. If you would like to
participate, but would need financial support, you can also mail me (we
might have some funds, but not fully sure yet).

Best,
Joris