[Persistence-sig] "Straw Baby" Persistence API

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:45:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Steve Menard wrote:
> Ok, makes sense. Since it is unsafe to override those methods, perhaps it
> should be disallowed then. Because we get different behavior when obj[x] is
> called from C and when called from Python.

I would be happier of we had a PyDict_{G,S}etItemExact for when we know we
have a base dict, and modify PyDict_{G,S}etItem to use PyObject_{G,S}etItem
when not PyDict_CheckExact.

It will be a pain, but being correct is almost always better than being
fast.

-Kevin

--
Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect