[Playground] testing with Martin's patch

Barry A. Warsaw barry на python.org
Fri Dec 13 09:03:33 EST 2002

    D> I try to send test KOI8-R encoded message to this list, and I
    D> finished with this error message:

    | ... while talking to mail.python.org.:
    >> DATA
    | <<< 550 banned charset in subject: KOI8-R
    | 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
    | Could you please tell me what does it mean ?
    | What charset should I use for KOI8-R encoded message ?

This is caused by an anit-spam device employed by the python.org mail
server.  Since playground is specifically a test list for all kinds of
Mailman 2.1 wacky things (including i18n), perhaps we should whitelist
this mailing list from the charset test?

I'm cc'ing postmaster@python.org so Greg can pronounce.

-Barry