[portland] Python Frontend to Microcontoller demo

Ron Jackson Ron at FascinatingElectronics.com
Tue Jul 17 05:32:52 CEST 2007

PDX Pythoneers,

Thanks for taking a look at my demo of a Python program communicating with a
USB-enabled microcontroller! I've attached the code I used.

By next month I expect to have a demo using my own Python class derived from
pySerial that provides convenient sending and receiving of commands. I'd like to
use that to write another console application, this one to exercise the servos
while reporting sensor values. And after that I'd like to do a GUI ap providing
more versatile control using wxPython.

I'd appreciate feedback on this code from more experienced Python programmers,
particularly to use the favored Python programming style.

   -- Ron

--
Website:  http://www.FascinatingElectronics.com
Fascinating Electronics Inc, 925 SW 83 Avenue, Portland, OR 97225-6307