[portland] Python and OSCON Week

jason kirtland jek at discorporate.us
Sun Jul 22 06:27:38 CEST 2007

OSCON week 2007 is upon us!  Many of you are probably saturated with
event info, so I'll just very quickly recap my somewhat biased and
haphazard list of Pythonic free events and shindigs:

* Monday:

   Python Advocacy BoF, Monday 6:30-7:30pm

* Tuesday:

   Open Source Hardware @ Powell's Technical 6pm
     DIY hardware with Make magazine's Phil Torrone

   FOSCON @ Holocene 7:30pm
     Yes, it's Ruby, but check out Greg Borenstein's presentation
     about his experiences writing a Ruby wrapper for the Arduino
     micro-controller

* Wednesday:

   OSCamp 9am-6pm
     Will there be a Python track?  Could be!

   Exhibit Hall 10am-5pm
     Check out the Tux Droid, a Linux-powered, Python-controlled
     robot at the KySoH booth

   "Beautiful Code" @ Powell's Technical Wednesday 7:30-8:30
     Panel discussion with Ward Cunningham, chromatic,
     Greg Kroah-Hartman, Andy Oram, and Simon Peyton-Jones

   General Python BoF, 8:30-9:30pm
     Don't miss this one!

* Thursday

   OSCamp 9am-6pm

   Exhibit Hall 10am-5pm

   BeerForge @ the Thirsty Lion Pub 6-8:30pm
     Grab an invite from one of the sponsors in the exhibit hall

   Chandler BoF, 7:30-8:30pm

   Plone BoF, 8:30-9:30pm

Also, a convention badge will get you 20% off the full selection of new
books at the downtown Powell's Technical during the convention.

The free exhibit hall pass is needed for most of these events.  If
you're thinking about checking out Oscamp, check the mailing list
archives for a registration code that also gets you free lunch.

Hope to see everyone there!

Cheers,
Jason