[portland] OSCamp 2007

jason kirtland jek at discorporate.us
Wed Jun 13 21:11:27 CEST 2007

Another free, local un-conference mentioned at the meeting: OSCamp,
which will be held at and during the Open Source Convention (OSCON)
this year.

http://oscamp.org/
    "OSCAMP 2007: Free as in Freedom!
    Portland July 25-26, 2007 at OSCON

    Please join us for OSCAMP 2007, a free (as in freedom)
    un-conference of, for, and by folks who are part of the
    Free/Libre/Open movement.

    A grassroots cooperative effort with O'Reilly, OSCAMP seeks to
    organize the fringe of activity that has grown up around OSCON
    during the last several years so that the entire shindig can
    rock even more! We are coming together to network, write code,
    have fun and learn about the cool things that are afoot in the
    movement. Bring your friends and join a good party that's
    growing even better!

    When: July 25-26, 2007
    Where: Oregon Convention Center (part of OSCON)
    Format: OpenSpace
    Cost: Free"

If you've already registered for OSCON, you're all set.  If you're
planning on attending OSCON sessions and haven't registered yet, we
should hopefully have a Portland Python user group discount from
O'Reilly soon- stay tuned!  But you don't need to shell out for
OSCON to attend OSCamp- the un-conference is free.  Check out this
tip thanks to Sam Keen:

    "The OSCON folks got back to me and we now have a registration
    code for OSCAMP:  os07oscamp

    The codes purpose is to allow you register for OSCON for
    'Exhibit Hall Only' with os07oscamp as the 'discount code'.
    That flags you as a OSCAMP attendee which gets you all that the
    Exhibit Hall pass gets + FREE LUNCH!"

The free Exhibit Hall registration includes:
 * Entrance to the Exhibit Hall and all events held in the Exhibit
Hall.
 * Admission to the Products & Services track.
 * Admission to Vendor Presentations held in the Exhibit Hall.
 * Access to OSCamp !!!
 * Access to BoFs, evening events, and community meetings.

Cheers,
Jason