[portland] farewell Portland Pythoneers

Brad Allen brad at allendev.com
Fri May 18 06:51:45 CEST 2007

Hello Portland Pythoneers:

On Friday I am returning to my home in Dallas after nearly six weeks
here in Portland; however I will still be available via email or
chat, and may occasionally show up on the mailing list.

You can reach me via Jabber using my gmail account: bolderaft

So, who wants to take the reigns on the Meetup.com site? If I don't
hear back on this during the next week I will transfer it to Kirby,
since he managed the old Meetup site.

P.S. Sorry I didn't get a chance to have a Python meetup this week on
the logging module, as some of us had discussed; finishing up my work
here has involved some long hours. Nevertheless, I would encourage
everyone to take a look at the logging module, built into the
Standard Library. It is well worth the learning curve and is useful
on almost every project. It allows you to do away with sprinkling
your modules with print statements, and then having to clean up
later. Instead, you can manage which modules are generating debug
messages, putting one module under a microscope while making the
others stop chattering. Another great feature: rotating log files.