[portland] [Code Sprint] Project beginnings!

Jeff Schwaber freyley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 07:38:53 CEST 2007

Hey all,[1]

We had a pretty fabulous and successful first code sprint last
Wednesday. Three projects were worked on: an agile planning tool, a
dark or shadow or line-of-sight chess game, and something to do with
talking to hardware that I wasn't terribly clear on.

So...we're going to do it again.

Wednesday, October 3rd,
7pm
CubeSpace

Come write some code with us. We're definitely going to do some
Extreme Programming, and we had a Coding Dojo[2] of 3 around the dark
chess. Do you have another method for learning and teaching coding? We
can certainly try it. Everybody's welcome -- this is your chance for
hybridization across language groups.

Jeff

[1] Yes, this message is has multiple list recipients. I'm half of the
opinion that a code sprint list would be a good idea, half that it's
ridiculous.

[2] I've been thinking about adding a USB keyboard to the driver's
seat of the Coding Dojo so that you can let the least experienced in
the language/project/details write the code, then, when it's wrong,
delete it and write the right code, delete it and let them write it
again. Think of how martial arts are taught: the instructor does the
move, the student follows, the instructor corrects, the student does
it again.