[portland] [Code Sprint] Project beginnings!

Jeff Schwaber freyley at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 07:38:53 CEST 2007

Hey all,[1]

We had a pretty fabulous and successful first code sprint last
Wednesday. Three projects were worked on: an agile planning tool, a
dark or shadow or line-of-sight chess game, and something to do with
talking to hardware that I wasn't terribly clear on.

So...we're going to do it again.

Wednesday, October 3rd,

Come write some code with us. We're definitely going to do some
Extreme Programming, and we had a Coding Dojo[2] of 3 around the dark
chess. Do you have another method for learning and teaching coding? We
can certainly try it. Everybody's welcome -- this is your chance for
hybridization across language groups.

[1] Yes, this message is has multiple list recipients. I'm half of the
opinion that a code sprint list would be a good idea, half that it's

[2] I've been thinking about adding a USB keyboard to the driver's
seat of the Coding Dojo so that you can let the least experienced in
the language/project/details write the code, then, when it's wrong,
delete it and write the right code, delete it and let them write it
again. Think of how martial arts are taught: the instructor does the
move, the student follows, the instructor corrects, the student does
it again.