[portland] A List of Object Instances?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 1 19:54:16 CEST 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, kirby urner wrote:

> I see docs about plotting multiple data sets at the pyx web site:
> Was this stuff not useful?

Kirby,

   Only to the extent that it showed all graph.data instances need to be
presented before the styles. Examples are always the simplest cases. I
cannot write the script the way the example does because the curves to be
plotted vary.

> You can put objects in lists or tuples just like any other object
> (everything is an object in Python), but I think further help on this
> plotting problem will be too generic minus specific familiarity
> with pyx.  Dunno if anyone here uses (I've never).

   Well I posted a message on that list, too. It's good to know that objects
can be list items. Perhaps I'm not appending them properly. I get no errors
when running the test code, but only the last curve is plotted.

Thanks,

Rich