[portland] A Question of Directories

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Apr 8 22:20:47 CEST 2008

   I have LaTeX generation embedded in the python functions, and it works
great. However, when I automate running pdflatex, the output is not in the
same directory as the .tex file.

   In the model directory (where the .py files live) is a subdirectory called
reports/. Python is directed to open, write to, and close files in that
directory. It does so.

   But, when I issue the command
os.system('pdflatex ./reports/omrPairs.tex')

the resulting .aux, .log, and .pdf files are in the parent directory, not
the reports/ subdirectory.

   What syntax will direct pdflatex to put the output in the subdirectory?

Rich