[portland] OSCON & Pythonic activities

jason kirtland jek at discorporate.us
Wed Jul 16 21:40:45 CEST 2008

The latest news on OSCON events:

- Group pass!

The group has an admit-one pass to the tutorials and sessions- we'll
pass it back and forth.  It looks like I'll be there on site all week,
so I can serve for both pre-event coordination & badge nanny on the ground.

Also, the free expo hall pass gets you in to all the events, BOFs, etc.
 Register on the OSCON web site or in person at the convention.

- Django Drinkup
  Tuesday, July 22, 7pm, Jax Bar

"Come meet other Djangonauts from OSCON and the area at the Jax Bar
rooftop patio."

http://tinyurl.com/5p9yax

- FOSCON
  Wednesday, July 23rd 6pm-9, CubeSpace

The Ruby gathering/mini-conf.  I went to last year's, it was very fun &
interesting.  New twist this year: A live, multi-language web framework
competition.  Grab a friend and represent Python!

http://pdxfoscon.org/ and http://pdxfoscon.org/competition

- Beerforge
  Thursday, July 24, 8pm-11, Bossanova

An OSCON classic.

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/782117/

---

I'm not aware of any Pythonic OSCON BOFs at the moment.  The call for
BOF entries is open until 7/18, so there's still a little time to get
something in!

Lemme know if I've missed anything and I'll pass it on.  Such as this
word from one of our lovely group sponsors, O'Reilly:

> Got any old O'Reilly shirts at home? If so, bring them to OSCON! Be one
> of the first 50 people to come by the O'Reilly booth (#313) wearing one of
> our t-shirts to win cool prizes and be included in our t-shirt photo
> collage. The grand prize goes to the person who has more O'Reilly shirts
> than everyone else, so bring 'em all!
>
> Follow the O'Reilly booth on Twitter during the conference:
> http://twitter.com/oreillyatoscon for your chance to win prizes during
> the show.
>
> You can also follow http://twitter.com/oscon for ongoing conference
> updates throughout the show.