[portland] More info on FOSSCoach (7/23-7/25)

jason kirtland jek at discorporate.us
Thu Jul 17 18:56:26 CEST 2008

Zak from Mozilla sent in more info on FOSSCoach, the new OSCON event
that's replacing OSCamp this year:

---

I'm helping run a free local event called FOSSCoach that is focused on
helping people learn, share and improve the essential skills required to
participate in and develop collaborative, free and open online projects
like Python and Firefox.

The event features a mix of standard presentations and hands-on coaching.

I'm betting that the event will be interesting for at least some of the
local pythonistas - especially since we have David Ascher (co-author of
Learning Python and Python Software Foundation Director) as one of our
attending coaches.

You can get a good overview of the event including information on who
else is participating, what sessions are lined up and more at:

  http://fosscoach.wikia.com/wiki/FOSSCoach_at_OSCON_2008

Attendance is free, though people do need to register:

  http://fosscoach.wikia.com/wiki/OSCON08:How_To_Register

FOSSCoach will be held July 23rd (Wed) through July 25th (Friday).

Cheers!
--zak