[portland] Which templating engine am I thinking of?

Adam Lowry adam at therobots.org
Tue Jul 29 22:50:53 CEST 2008

Jesse Hallett wrote:
> I remember Igal mentioning a templating engine at a meeting that he
> liked because it uses valid XHTML as its source, and allows for
> placeholder text in tag contents. So you could hand some template code
> to a designer, who could load it up in Dreamweaver and work on it as
> though it were a static HTML file.

It might have been Kid or Genshi:
http://www.kid-templating.org/
http://genshi.edgewall.org/

Kid's Trac is down at the moment, I think, but there are some examples here:
http://www.kid-templating.org/language.html

And there are Genshi examples about 1/3 of the way down this page:
http://genshi.edgewall.org/wiki/GenshiTutorial

Adam