[portland] Next meeting: Tuesday June 10th. Django, Web, Twisted, pizza, prizes!

Igal Koshevoy igal at pragmaticraft.com
Mon Jun 9 21:22:41 CEST 2008

> I just couldn't wrap my brain around [CSS] for some reason.
Don't feel too bad, CSS makes many trivial tasks needlessly difficult,
such as layout. However, the Firebug extension for Firefox really helped
me understand and cope with CSS because I learn best by seeing examples.
With Firebug, I can click elements on a web page, find out what CSS
styles are applied to them and in what order, and can easily toggle
individual styles on and off to see what each one does. I also find
Firebug very useful for working with JavaScript because it provides a
console where I can enter JavaScript code to interact with the page and
easily see what AJAX calls are doing. Anyway, I highly recommend Firebug.

-igal