[portland] TUESDAY: What's New in 2.6 and 3.0 10/14 7pm

jason kirtland jek at discorporate.us
Sun Oct 12 23:42:28 CEST 2008

Hi folks,

Python 2.6 has been released and 3.0 will be shortly.  We'll be
celebrating their releases this Tuesday with a D.I.Y. What's New party!

The format is simple: pick a change or two from the What's New in Python
documentation from 2.6 or 3.0 and tell us about it!  You can use the
projector if you want, but < 5 minutes.  That's easy because most
changes are small.

Here's an example from 3.0:

   "Removed <> (use != instead)."

So easy!  Find some and bring 'em to us.  If you get inspired and want
to share one of the few larger changes (< 10 min), check the wiki and
put your name down.

I'll be bringing *two growlers* of rare and wonderful beer from Bailey's
Taproom to get the party started.  Bring hardcopy of one or both What's
New if you can.  And party hats.

   http://docs.python.org/whatsnew/2.6.html
   http://docs.python.org/dev/3.0/whatsnew/3.0.html

   wiki: http://pdxpython.org/
   maps, rsvp, etc.: http://python.meetup.com/183/

Tuesday 10/14 7pm at CubeSpace.  See you there!

Cheers,
Jason