[portland] Fwd: Open Source Bridge Conference town hall meeting - Thursday, October 30th, 7:30pm, CubeSpace

Igal Koshevoy igal at pragmaticraft.com
Thu Oct 30 02:02:49 CET 2008

Tomorrow's the first public meeting of the group organizing a regional,
community-run open source conference to replace OSCON. I realize this
isn't much notice, but they'll have many more meetings in the future.
Please subscribe to their blog's feed for future meeting announcements
and information. Thanks!

Details on this town hall meeting: http://calagator.org/events/1250456028

Conference homepage and blog: http://www.bridgepdx.org/

    Open Source Bridge will be a completely volunteer-run, community
    effort to connect developers working with open source.

    Open Source Bridge will bring together the diverse tech communities
    of the greater Portland area and showcase our unique and thriving
    open source environment. We will show how well Portland does open
    source and share our best practices for development, community and
    connectedness with the rest of the world.

    We're kicking things off with a town hall discussion and planning
    meeting on October 30th, 7:30pm at CubeSpace (located at 622 SE
    Grand Avenue in Portland). We'll talk about overall goals for the
    conference, then break into small working groups to start tackling
    the event planning needs. If you can, bring an audio or video
    recorder to help document the discussion.

    Please let us know if you can attend. If October 30 doesn't work for
    you, let us know as we will be having a second meeting on the
    west-side. We'd very much like to have your participation in making
    this conference a fun, educational experience.

    You can RSVP by filling in the form at
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=p1ZDddPXGskYFX5NnM9FaXA&hl=en