[portland] Fwd: Open Source Bridge Conference town hall meeting - Thursday, October 30th, 7:30pm, CubeSpace

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 17:03:24 CET 2008

So hey, this was a fun meetup, all news to me, did my usual quirky
write-up in me blog, yar!:

http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2008/10/looking-ahead.html

In the group go-round I introduced myself as "a spy for O'Reilly" [
laughter ] but that was more just an icebreaker to forestall any
future conflict of interest charges, as in yes, I've benefited
financially from my OSCON experiences, subscribe to Safari, have
received past payment from that company (example in Photostream **)).

Had I known yet that Allison was in the crowd I'd have been more shy,
as she was program track co-chair at OSCON 10 this year, way more of
an insider than I'll ever be.

Missed ya'll at the beers after, still practicing my EuroPython skills
a little (more into vodka since Vilnius).

Kirby

** http://www.flickr.com/photos/17157315@N00/2943807612/