[portland] Recap and Possible Future Topic?

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 21:32:00 CEST 2008

For those of you not able to make it and/or for those that did, here's
my little writeup of our meeting on Tuesday evening:

http://worldgame.blogspot.com/2008/09/ppug-200899.html

Apropos of DemocracyLab, I attended another meeting on that topic this
morning, and would recommend this as a fun focus for some future PPUG
presentation depending on Scott's availability.

Scott is doing good work bridging the Python and Java worlds, with a
little help from GWT and some others, as is our recent speaker and
Jython developer Mr. Soto:

http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2008/09/another-mad-cover.html

I also 2nd Jason's idea of planning a Py3K release party (that's what
we used to call the Python 3.0 project, mimicking Y2K, the impending
"crisis" of that day).

OK, time to follow the herd and go grab me a Chrome, just for fun,
http://www.google.com/chrome

Kirby Urner

4dsolutions.net
learn2teach gnuMath: /ocn/cp4e.html