[portland] PDX Python meeting tomorrow - Tuesday 4/14 @ 7pm

michelle rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Tue Apr 14 04:14:52 CEST 2009

Hey PDX Pythoneers!

I'm excited to announce that we'll be doing that monthly meeting thing
tomorrow, same time, same place: CubeSpace, 7pm. Everyone's invited
(as always!), and I think it's going to be a fun meeting.

First, thanks to the organizers of the Open Source Bridge conference
(http://opensourcebridge.org/), we have an admission pass to raffle
off to a PDX Python group member! As Jason Kirtland mentioned in his
email earlier today, you don't have to be at tomorrow's meeting to
enter the raffle, but why would you want to miss the meeting, anyway??
(If you really can't make it, you can still enter here:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cHNJOUlRcXg1dHphcEdYZzdmSXluRXc6MA
 :))

So, in addition to the raffling fun, we're going to hear from the
Portlanders who made it out to PyCon this year. If *you* went to
PyCon, please, put your photos and notes together, and bring it along
to the meeting to share with us! Come on... Ride the lightning. :)

Okay, so next there'll be a discussion about our very own PDX Python
website (http://www.pdxpython.org/). Currently, it points over to our
wiki page on python.org - and, while that has served us well, let's
put our brains together and figure out what else it can do... and then
start hacking on it.

And afterwards: beverage, of course. Yay, beverage!

See you there!!

michelle
-----
meetup: http://www.meetup.com/pdxpython/calendar/9928813/