[portland] PDX Python tonight! New time/place: 6:30pm @ Webtrends!

michelle rowley michelle at pdxpython.org
Tue Aug 11 19:35:42 CEST 2009

Happy Second Tuesday, Pythoneers!

Today will be our inaugural meeting in our new space at 6:30pm at
Webtrends downtown. Webtrends has graciously agreed to sponsor our
group with space to meet each month, so it looks like we've found a
new home. Woo! To add to the happiness of this month's meeting, we're
also going to be enjoying Pizza and Beer sponsored by Emma. If you are
planning on coming, please drop an email to: michelle at pdxpython.org
and let me know (including special pizza needs). It would be tragic to
run out of pizza (or beer). :)

Once we're full and our thirst has been quenched, and following the
usual business and Michel's Monthly Module, Adam Lowry will share with
us his talk that was originally proposed for Open Source Bridge:
Testing in a Python World (http://opensourcebridge.org/proposals/243).
This in-depth tour of the Python testing world will have useful info
for any type of Python programmer, so don't miss it!

So, I hope we'll see you there. Don't forget, the meeting is starting
half an hour earlier than it has in the past, at 6:30pm. Since we will
be using Webtrends' office space, it would be good for us not to
arrive too much earlier than 6:20 or so. I've been told that there
will be a guard at the door to let us in, so just let him/her know
you're with the Portland Python Users' Group.

Here's the address for anyone who doesn't have it yet:

851 SW 6th Ave.
Suite 1600
Portland, OR 97205

See you tonight!