[portland] Meeting notes: August 11, 2009 - optparse, and testing in a Python world

Adam Lowry adam at therobots.org
Wed Aug 12 18:13:24 CEST 2009

On Aug 11, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Igal Koshevoy wrote:
> 2. Adam Lowry presented "Testing My Patience", discussing testing in
> Python

Thanks for the write-up, Igal. My slides and a few notes are up:
http://adam.therobots.org/2009/8/12/testing-my-patience

py.test is actually a more powerful tool than nose, in general, but
I'd still recommend starting with nose.

The other mocking library I mentioned is mocker:
http://labix.org/mocker

It works in the record->replay model, like Mox. It was harder for me
to understand, but it might be better for you. It's also been around
longer.

The very simplest mock library is python-mock:
http://python-mock.sourceforge.net/

Designing a system to handle your functional test setup can be
troublesome, but I'm happy to help if I can.

Adam