[portland] chirping up re matters pythonic

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 16:51:30 CET 2009

Greetings PDXers --

Hey, I'm on the Chicago usergroup list since March and report that this
one's a lot quieter.  More like the Manila group.

Just wanted to share lore (Pythonic) and mention my Wikieducator writings on
Python, building on some pre-existing work.

http://www.wikieducator.org/PYTHON_TUTORIALS

(note my reading on generators uses a kid-friendly font based on Matt
Groenings handwriting (The Simpsons, Futurama...))

Wikieducator is a free and open work environment geared for teachers wanting
to freely share content.  Consider yourselves invited.

The link in my sig takes you to an ambitious overview of a digital math
curriculum that's both familiar and alien-seeming.**

If you're already a math teacher, maybe use some of this in your daily fight
against the forces of apathy and boredom.

Kirby "guy on edu-sig" Urner
4D

** "Digital math" is in Software Association of Oregon's lexicon as well,
syncs well with the Litvins text some schools are using:

http://www.skylit.com/mathandpython.html  (a more traditional discrete math
title)

--
>>> from mars import math