[portland] Reverse Engineering Program Flow

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 4 04:59:59 CET 2009

   I really need a CRM/Sales Tracking application for my business. TinyERP
looks like it will do, but I'm having difficulties with it and the mail list
is completely non-responsive. (I tried a Microsoft-centric, web-based/flash
required one called SnapCRM, but it also has big issues I cannot resolve.)

   Anyway since TinyERP is a Python app I should be able to dig through it
and fix what's not working. But, I need to see the program flow to find the
right spot to fix. The current problem is connecting to the created
database. I log in as a user and try to open the terp database, but get a
message that there was a connection error. The UI/postgres middleware is
psycopg, a library with which I am unfamiliar.

   Is there a python development tool similar to ctags that will allow me to
trace where the db connection problem is located? Is anyone here interested
and willing to work with me on resolving this issue -- and any others that
come up once I am able to get in to the db?

Thanks,

Rich