[portland] automated build notification via lava lamp or cuckoo clock, monkey w/cymbals, etc

Joshua Frankamp frankamp at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 23:33:37 CET 2009

I have although, we are on windows. You will need a hardware
controller of some kind. We used a usb device that came with drivers
for windows/linux, and source code. It is a stoplight. I setup a cron
like task on the machine that the light is plugged in to. It read a
file off the network that our build process wrote out. Writing the
light "client" in python would be trivial, even writing some kind of
xml http api to make it less fragile.

For us, Red for build failed, yellow for build in progress, green for
everything is great.

http://www.delcom-eng.com/products_USBTLamps.asp

- Joshua