[portland] Upgrading from Python-2.4 to -2.5

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 14 19:17:30 CET 2009

Robin Dunn robin at alldunn.com wrote:

>>   import dbus_bindings
>> warning: python-dbus not installed.
>> error: dbus failed to load (python-dbus ver. 0.80+ required). Exiting...

> The same thing. The message means that Python 2.5 is using a binary
> extension module (dbus_bindings) that was built with Python 2.4.

   In /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/ I have a dbus/ directory containing
__init__.py                   connection.pyc       gobject_service.pyo
__init__.pyc                  connection.pyo       lowlevel.py
__init__.pyo                  dbus_bindings.py     lowlevel.pyc
_dbus.py                      dbus_bindings.pyc    lowlevel.pyo
_dbus.pyc                     dbus_bindings.pyo    mainloop/
_dbus.pyo                     decorators.py        proxies.py
_expat_introspect_parser.py   decorators.pyc       proxies.pyc
_expat_introspect_parser.pyc  decorators.pyo       proxies.pyo
_expat_introspect_parser.pyo  exceptions.py        service.py
_version.py                   exceptions.pyc       service.pyc
_version.pyc                  exceptions.pyo       service.pyo
_version.pyo                  glib.py              types.py
bus.py                        glib.pyc             types.pyc
bus.pyc                       glib.pyo             types.pyo
bus.pyo                       gobject_service.py
connection.py                 gobject_service.pyc

   There is no install.py, setup.py, or build.py script. What do I do to
complete the installation so the system sees, and uses, the python-dbus for
2.5 rather than for 2.4?

Thank you,

Rich