[portland] Curious Ipython Upgrade Result

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jan 14 22:12:49 CET 2009

   I had Ipython-0.7.3 installed with python-2.4, so I just built and
installed ipython-0.8.4 with python-2.5. The only ipython (or Ipython) found
on the system is /usr/bin/ipython, with today's date. Yet, when I invoke
ipython on the command line it tells me that it's version 0.7.3.

   What might I have done incorrectly?

Thanks,

Rich