[portland] confirming VPython presentation...

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 05:28:43 CET 2009

Michelle (sp?), thanks for asking me to present on VPython next PPUG and I
plan to do so.

Some around that table have seen my VPython "hypertoons" before **, and
while I'll certainly include those, I'm also hankering to show a "point of
sale device" in a VPython format -- not necessarily the most practical
(Pyglet better?) but still a fun project, open to collaboration if anyone
wants to imagine the pipeworks (has to show money coming in for an item,
forking into separate "buckets" based on user input -- kind of like
switching trains around, aerial view of a switch yard...).

I'm hoping to use the new VPython (V5):  http://vpython.org/index5.html

Mac specific:  http://developer.apple.com/business/macmarket/checkout.html

Re: pyglet:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=476760

In general I'm interest in open source POS (point of sale) tools written in
Python, not wanting to reinvent every wheel I come to.  On the other hand,
some of these may morph into back office visualizations at the end of the
day, keeping the POS cash register simple. This is because I'm moving my
"game tokens" concept to the CSN booth LCD, the place where you actually
play the vendor-supplied game, winnings going to charities of your choice
(plus you get the scone or latte or whatever it was).^^

Keep in touch ya'll, see some of you @ CubeSpace (I've been haunting Korean
and Burmese, also Kermit so far).

Kirby

** http://www.grunch.net/synergetics/  (esoteric)