[portland] Application Will Not Build on One Host

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Jan 25 18:44:25 CET 2009

   Perhaps you folks can point me to a solution. I'm trying to build,
install, and use TinyERP. The server builds on both the notebook and
server/workstation, but the client will not build on the latter.

   Both machines use Slackware-12.2 with Python-2.5 and PyGTK-2.12 installed:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.py
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.pth
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.pyc
/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/pygtk.pyo

   But, when I try building the client on the server/workstation it fails:

Error: python module gtk (gtk python bindings) is required
Error: python module gtk.glade (glade python bindings) is required

   I'm puzzled why setup.py/tinyerp-client-installer.nsi cannot find pygtk on
this machine, but had no such trouble on the notebook.

   I've uploaded the tarball source to my web site and I'd like to learn why
it bails out so I can fix similar issues if they arise in the future. You
can use 'wget
http://www.appl-ecosys.com/temp-files/tinyerp-client-4.2.3.4.tar.gz' because
the directory is not visible.

TIA,