[portland] Meeting video and venue

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue Jul 14 01:38:00 CEST 2009

Hi gang,

Forgive me for blurting without lurking for a bit.. but your meeting
is tomorrow night and I figure this subject will be discussed at the
meeting.

The reason I poked my head in is because I need up to 4 or 5
volunteers to help me video Djangocon in Sep.   (you get free reg, so
you get to eat with the attendees. )  To help with this, I'll help you
get your meetings recorded with the same setup we used at PyCon.

Then I hear you are looking for a place to meet.  I have connections
to at least 2 places in Portland (maybe more, waiting to hear from my
cousin who lives out there.)

1. doubletree 1000 NE Multnomah St 97232
That is where Djangocon will be in Sep.   I have not talked to them
about this, but there is a chance something can be worked out.  I am
sure they have the appropriate sized rooms, but they will want to make
money, generally by selling expensive food.  how much food can very,
and it may seem expensive, but it is better than just paying cash for
the room, but worse than getting a free room from somewhere better.

2. University of Portland Learning Center - The encourage user group
like groups.   but:
mackstan1n: it's in north portland, very out of the way
So that might be a problem.

--
Carl K