[portland] Urban Edibles Dev Meeting - 3pm Sunday at Backspace

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 23:05:19 CEST 2009

Oh wait duh, that was yesterday, scrap "setting out on foot" (I'll
wander someplace else), plus I notice I don't have permission to post
to urbanedibles, need to subscribe to that one.

Lindsey and I were @ Belmont Inn talking Javascript front end with
those little vegetable and fruit icons or whatever, maybe mouse over
and see the name in Laotian (a language setting -- the kind of feature
I'd push in DemocracyLab.org meetings, still going on plus they just
had a benefit concert on N. Mississippi).

Helps to disambiguate sometimes, in icon-intensive GUIs, to have
mouseover talk balloons (no "talking paperclip" need apply).

We had an Arabic speaking PhD listening in, could maybe help us with
translation if we get to cross that bridge (what's "eggplant" in
Arabic?).

-- Kirby