[portland] django coders?

Patrick Curtain pcurtain at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 21:20:43 CEST 2009

Hi All!

Just wanted to cast the net again... I'm really surprised at the lack
of response.

I got *no* available Python / Django coders in response to two job
postings and one request here for contract developer help.

That makes me wonder, is every available python and django coder
happily coding away already?  Or is our community so small there are
only a few and they're busy? (Or did I just word it so badly no one
bothered to answer?)

I know one small company here in town that gave up on their two year
zope/plone development effort because after 8 months of trying they
couldn't find a single coder to hire. Made me sad because i was
recommending they stay with open source solutions.  Ended up switching
to an outsourced .NET shop doing C#.  (Whole 'nother story there).

So, help me out, everyone.  Are there really no available developers?

The availability of talent for new projects is certainly one criteria
for any company considering the technology to use for a startup
project.  I'd like to advocate using Python and Django.

Blessings!
--p

--
Patrick Curtain,  Husband & Father  ( i also write software )
http://www.patrickcurtain.com/                          360.521.9625