[portland] Meeting Tomorrow: Distributed Version Control

Michael Schurter michael at susens-schurter.com
Tue May 12 18:34:07 CEST 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 20:54 -0700, jason kirtland wrote:
>   * Bzr (Michael) + Launchpad (Michel)

The good news is some of my old friends from college got their band
signed to a major label.

The bad news is they're playing in town tonight @ 7:30pm.

I'm going to have to back out of presenting on bzr tonight, sorry.  I
doubt my short little presentation will be missed with presentations on
git & hg.  I'm sure somebody could just quickly describe bzr's major
differences:

 * slow :)
 * directory based branching only (afaik)
 * lightweight branching that works more like svn (operations work on
"remote" repo instead of the "local" one)
 * easiest to learn imho (no smart server setup needed)

Thats about all I can think of other than minor things like rename/move
following & some behavior differences (bzr pull = hg pull -u).

I'm sad to be missing out tonight!  Hope all goes well!

Michael